Sunday, April 1, 2012

Flash Fiction: My Sound of Music

...i live to love.



Lub-dub lub-dub lub-dub. Suffocating. Drowning. My heart beats fast. My chest tightens at the mere thought of you. I lie down in bed, your face flows in every direction my eyes point at. I get up, my soles tickle and I feel as if I am walking on a cloud.

Bang. Smitten. Rolling head over heels. Dead. I can no longer move and breathe at the mere sight of you. I take a step, I feel like falling. As you come closer the air becomes tighter. I feel like a fish out of water. Your presence holds me at gunpoint.

Sighhh. I exhale audibly in relief. Now I am jumpy. I whistle out of joy now that you walk beside me. Holding my hands softly yet so tightly, with your fingers entangled with mine. Our arms brush each other.

Whewww. I let out my breath some more. Now, chest more relaxed. You told me I am your life. I am so lucky, I whispered to myself. Now, I snap back. Still suffocating, but no longer dying coz of your presence. I am pumped up. The person I love holds me as his life.

I will take good care of myself, whatever the situation is. I will live. I am here to stay, because I want to shield your life and keep it at its finest.

Lub-dub lub-dub I live to love.


No comments:

Post a Comment