Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Flash Fiction: Wind Up



The scent of the crisp air brushing through my cheeks. The silhouette of the past that plays in my mind. The rhythm of the raindrops that outruns the beating of my heart. I let the weird yet familiar stimuli seep through me.

I take a sip of coffee. I taste the sweetness of beautiful lies. I recognize the piquancy of the bitter empty promises. Oh, the il dolce e l’amaro of the good things gone bad.

Images run faster than lightning in my head. Words play quicker than a bullet train in my ear.
 
I let all the emotions stir me up. I am like a bomb exploding anytime.

I breathe deeply. I pause… long pause, and I smile.

I realize I don’t know where exactly I am now… but I am sure I am no longer where I was.

I snap my fingers. Empty my cup of coffee. Stand up from the chair we used to sit on… and all the shadows of the past just fall like leaves in autumn.

All things wind up.

So I tell myself,

“Life, you are wonderful! Whatever flavors the season brings, bring it on!
Surprise my senses!
Provoke me.
Enthrall me.
Teach me.
So my senses may learn to dance with you.”





No comments:

Post a Comment