Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Flash Fiction: Time Talks


But there is nothing better for people to do than to be happy and to do good while they live.



"Tik-tok-tik-tok," says the Clock.
"Time is a language. Time is an expression," says Love.
"Live and love. Live and laugh," says Man.

"By the second my life rolls on," says the Clock.
"Every moment I spend with you is a part of me I give you," says Love.
"I live to share love and joy. I live to enjoy," says Man.


Clock:
A minute ago, I stood up.
Now, I am walking.
Later, I will conquer.


Love:
In autumn you came, I fell in love.
In winter you lied, I was hurt.
In spring you were gone, I grieved.
In summer I accepted things, I found real love.


Man:
Yesterday I was born.
Today I am living.
Tomorrow I will rest.
In the morning I smiled.
At noon I cried.
In the evening I laughed.
 


"Time ticks slowly when you’re idle;
Time flies fast when you hurdle," says Clock. 


"Truth is, I constantly walk by the second... Slowly but surely," Time tells.


"Yet, how and with whom we spend time determines who or what our priorities and treasures are," says Love.

“Truth is, where you use me to nurture it, there your heart is,” Time declares.


"Life moves with time in circle, not because it sometimes puts you on top and sometimes at the bottom; but because every new beginning comes from some endings," says Man.

"Truth is, life moves with me in circle because you don't know where and when an old chapter stops and when and where the new beginning starts and the ending ends," Time shares.

The three agreed:


"Go! Just move with time...
Like time, just keep walking forward.
Your darkness and coldness may come; but surely your sun will rise again," says Clock.

"Go! Just invest time...
Spend time for and with the people and things you love.
Don't count time; make your time count," says Love.

"Go! Just roll with time...
Like time, just pass through the same old hours.
You will surely pass by familiar faces, familiar places, and familiar experiences; but just make sure you are no longer who you were. Improve," says Man.


Like time, grow up and roll onward.
Put your life in the care of the Great Restorer of the lost time, for God make all things beautiful in His own time.

There is a perfect time for every activity under heaven.
Don't rush, savor life.
Enjoy, learn, and improve every moment.


There is...
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to be silent and a time to speak.

But there is nothing better for people to do than to be happy and to do good while they live.





No comments:

Post a Comment