Monday, November 5, 2012

Flash Fiction: Rollin’


Oh so then, I didn't' know I had a choice. Only had I listened and responded to what my heart desired, I could have enjoyed better my ride. 


Various sceneries pass through me. Some beautiful, others weird. Some open field, others walls of trees.

They run so quick past through me. I wanna enjoy their beauty, I wanna feel their queerness.

They don't stop, they don't even pause. I wanna hold them and stay and admire their beauty. I wanna observe them and stay and understand their oddness.

Roll, go roll! Things go so fast past through me. They roll without pausing.

Few moments more, I see no more ahead. Then, I realized, it's me who rolls so swiftly.

Oh so then, I didn't' know I had a choice. Only had I listened and responded to what my heart desired, I could have enjoyed better my ride.

Now I'm at the dead-end  my journey so quick. I didn't get hold of any—I just saw them but I missed savoring their beauty.

The last drop of gasoline couldn't take me back, no matter how much I want to. The hefty bucks I own couldn't do any good to bring me back. Now I'm stuck at the end.

Now where did the quick roll take me? Only if I listened to the desires of my heart. Only if I paused, get off, and touched life’s beauty.


Only if... I knew I always had a choice.

Pause. Breathe. Appreciate life’s beauty. Enjoy. Hang loose. Explore responsibly. Be grateful.

Rollin' without regrettin'.






No comments:

Post a Comment